Our feminine take on this classic has a tie in the back (a nod to an apron) and a reinforced tapered leg. Cute enough to wear out and about, durable enough to spend all day in the garden.
Hemp-Organic Cotton blend/Machine Washable. Sewn in America. Available in non-stripe charcoal and pinstripe.
Brigit is a legend in Irish folklore. Being the goddess of hearth and home, fire, animal husbandry, poetry, cooking, midwifery, healing, spring lambing and beer making, she is the Lady Farmer extraordinaire! That’s why we named these overalls after her, a stylish, feminine version of this “farm wear” classic, functional and durable enough for any task or just for fun. These have been our most loved and requested piece!
Wash + Care for all Essential Collection garments
Machine Wash Cold
Tumble Dry Low or Hang Dry
We believe in a circular economy! Lady Farmer clothing has been created to be compostable and return to the earth safely. If any clothing item has reached the end of its journey as a garment and you choose not to repurpose it, we will pay for return shipment and will make every effort to give it new life or return it to the earth-- as designed! Please contact us for further assistance and instructions.
Welcome to our Sustainable Living Shop!
Here we offer a (beginning!) selection of carefully curated products for those seeking less--- less waste, less packaging, fewer ingredients, less harmful impact on our health, water, soil and air.
We strive to be a resource for the modern woman of all ages who yearns for a simpler way of life, to offer choices to those seeking independence from systems that are harmful to the planet and its people.
As consumers ourselves, we are constantly seeking out products for our everyday needs that are as natural, non-toxic, biodegradable and as resource-responsible as possible. Yet in our own exploration, we have found these goods lacking in the wider marketplace, especially since we value not only functionality, safety and sustainability, but also style and aesthetic in connecting with our environments. That’s WHY we are dedicated to searching them out and providing them here for YOU!
We have chosen products with
- The highest quality ingredients and materials, as close to nature and as clean, organic and chemical-free as possible.
- Limited packaging that is either biodegradable, recyclable or reusable, minimal plastic (goal: zero to minimal waste!
- Long-lasting and/or multiple uses
- A “circular” mindset, or consideration for the entire lifecycle of the item. Specifically, our Lady Farmer clothing is designed for biodegradability, which is why we don’t use elastic, zippers, closures, plastic buttons, etc. Anything on the garment that is not the fabric itself can be easily removed and recycled. The fabrics we use (hemp, organic cotton, linen, lyocell, wool) are selected with the highest regard for the human and planetary health, from the cultivation of the raw materials, to production, throughout consumer use and ultimately to the end of the product’s functional life.
- That you will understand the purpose and value of choosing to purchase and use paradigm-shifting products
- That you will be an ongoing example of the new conscious consumer to those who know and love you
- That you will feel free to provide us with honest feedback on any of our offerings and efforts.
- That any woman interested in the intersection of her own well-being and that of the planet will find a place here.
- Full satisfaction on any of our products
- Store credit for anything that is damaged or defective or in any way less than what was offered
- Recycling--we will pay for return shipment on any clothing item that has reached the end of its journey with you, and will make every effort to give it new life or return it to the earth-- as designed!
Because we are a small operation and attempting to reduce our carbon footprint associated with shipping, we only ship out orders on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This means that, for example, if you placed an order on a Friday, it would not be shipped out until the following Tuesday. We thank you for understanding and supporting our mission-driven company!
Essential Collection Garments Ordered Through Our Website & Pop-up Markets:
For our Essential Collection garments purchased through our website or at one of our pop-up markets, we offer FREE returns, as long as you complete the return shipment within 30 days of the date your order was shipped. We will provide a full refund for the unworn items you wish to return, minus the original shipping charges, if you submit your return within 30 days of your order. You can expect to receive your reimbursement via email within 10 days of our receipt of your return, if the items have not been worn and are in good condition.
Please follow this link to submit your return and print a free return shipping label.
If it has been more than 30 days since your purchase, we will email you a code to use on our website for store credit equal to the amount of your original purchase, not including the original shipping charges. Please follow this link to print a free shipping label and return the item(s) to us. Within a week of us receiving your items, we will email you a store credit code.
Kickstarter Rewards Return / Exchange Policy
Thank you for your part in our successful Fall 2017 Kickstarter Campaign! The overwhelming support we received from our backers is what has enabled us to start, run and grow our business, manufacture our first season of garments, gather customer feedback, and design new products. In the Kickstarter community, the items that you receive after making a pledge are referred to as “rewards” because they are not purchases in the traditional sense. They are gifts – in our case, branded merchandise and garments from our first collection – that are sent to our supporters as a token of appreciation for their support of our business.
For these reasons it is not our policy to offer refunds or returns on items received as Kickstarter rewards. However, because we do not want any of our Spring 2018 collection items to go unused if they are not the right size/fit, we will provide store credit for garments from our collection if you follow the Kickstarter exchange instructions below.
BRANDED MERCHANDISE: We cannot refund or exchange the branded items (t-shirts, tote bags, onesies, etc.) from our Kickstarter campaign. If you do not wish to keep any of these items, we recommend gifting the item to a friend or family member. If you have received something other than what you ordered, please contact us and we will make the correction.
ESSENTIAL COLLECTION GARMENTS: If you received one of the items from our Spring 2018 Essential Collection as a Kickstarter reward and the item does not fit or is otherwise not to your satisfaction, please follow this link to print a return shipping label (on us!) and send back your garment. All exchanges for Kickstarter garments must be shipped within 30 days in order for exchanges to be honored. Once your garment is received, you will be emailed a code to use for store credit equal to the special Kickstarter price of the garment, which is not the same price that the garment will be sold for on our website.
You may use your store credit on our website to order any of our products. Because limited quantities of garments were ordered for our first manufacturing run, we may not have your needed size/color in stock. In that case, the garment will be listed as backordered, but you will still have the ability to place your order and we will let you know an anticipated ship date via email.
Thank you again for your support and understanding of our policy, and please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.