No Plastic Natural Food Storage
These beeswax wraps are second only to the peel itself, protecting food from air and moisture and lets it breathe just like nature’s lemon peel, onion skin and cheese rind. They last a long time and when they’re used up, they are 100% biodegradable. All natural, zero waste and “leave no trace.” Keeps Food Alive!
Abeego saves honey bees by saving food. Did you know the average household throws 1 in 4 produce items into the trash? Imagine the positive effect we would have on honey bees if we took good care of the fresh food they supply us with.
Abeego is all natural. Every ingredient used comes from the earth and will return to it without a trace.
Abeego is zero waste. “Waste” is actually a resource. From day one we adopted a waste-free commitment so we make amazing twist ties and fire starters with the excess.
Abeego lasts. Planned obsolescence should be obsolete. Beeswax is valuable so we make Abeego durable. You’ll add to your collection before replacing tired wraps.
Abeego uses minimal energy to produce. Primarily people powered, except our awesome waxing machine that has tripled our output using the same amount of energy.
How do you wash it?
Hand wash it in COLD water. This is the most important thing you can tell your customer. Even lukewarm water can cause the wax coating to wear off. Use eco-friendly, alcohol-free soap as needed, just a quick rinse after use is usually enough, and do not scrub too hard.
How do you store it?
Abeego does not have any special storage requirements. Once dry, it can be folded into a napkin drawer or whatever suits the customer’s needs.
How long does it last?
With proper care, Abeego will last for about a year, sometimes longer.
Then what do I do with it? Is it compostable?
At the end of its natural life, you can repurpose it for a non-food related job (like cutting it into strips and constructing a trellis for your beans!) or Abeego can be composted.
What kind of food can I keep in Abeego?
Cheese, fruits, veggies, grains, breads, snacks, leftovers… Abeego can be used for any food with the exception of raw meat.
Welcome to our Sustainable Living Shop!
Here we offer a (beginning!) selection of carefully curated products for those seeking less--- less waste, less packaging, fewer ingredients, less harmful impact on our health, water, soil and air.
We strive to be a resource for the modern woman of all ages who yearns for a simpler way of life, to offer choices to those seeking independence from systems that are harmful to the planet and its people.
As consumers ourselves, we are constantly seeking out products for our everyday needs that are as natural, non-toxic, biodegradable and as resource-responsible as possible. Yet in our own exploration, we have found these goods lacking in the wider marketplace, especially since we value not only functionality, safety and sustainability, but also style and aesthetic in connecting with our environments. That’s WHY we are dedicated to searching them out and providing them here for YOU!
We have chosen products with
- The highest quality ingredients and materials, as close to nature and as clean, organic and chemical-free as possible.
- Limited packaging that is either biodegradable, recyclable or reusable, minimal plastic (goal: zero to minimal waste!
- Long-lasting and/or multiple uses
- A “circular” mindset, or consideration for the entire lifecycle of the item. Specifically, our Lady Farmer clothing is designed for biodegradability, which is why we don’t use elastic, zippers, closures, plastic buttons, etc. Anything on the garment that is not the fabric itself can be easily removed and recycled. The fabrics we use (hemp, organic cotton, linen, lyocell, wool) are selected with the highest regard for the human and planetary health, from the cultivation of the raw materials, to production, throughout consumer use and ultimately to the end of the product’s functional life.
- That you will understand the purpose and value of choosing to purchase and use paradigm-shifting products
- That you will be an ongoing example of the new conscious consumer to those who know and love you
- That you will feel free to provide us with honest feedback on any of our offerings and efforts.
- That any woman interested in the intersection of her own well-being and that of the planet will find a place here.
- Full satisfaction on any of our products
- Store credit for anything that is damaged or defective or in any way less than what was offered
- Recycling--we will pay for return shipment on any clothing item that has reached the end of its journey with you, and will make every effort to give it new life or return it to the earth-- as designed!
Because we are a small operation and attempting to reduce our carbon footprint associated with shipping, we only ship out orders on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This means that, for example, if you placed an order on a Friday, it would not be shipped out until the following Tuesday. We thank you for understanding and supporting our mission-driven company!
Return and Exchange Policy
Online Store Items, excluding Essential Collection Garments:
For products purchased through our website that are not part of our Essential Collection (this includes our branded merchandise: t-shirts, totes, baby onesies, etc.), we offer free return shipping and issue store credit. At this time, we cannot offer refunds. Items are only eligible for store credit if you submit your return within 30 days of your order (the date on your receipt or packing slip). Items must be unused and in their original packaging. Please follow this link to print a free shipping label and return the item(s) to us.
Within a week of us receiving your items, we will email you a store credit code. Your store credit will equal to the amount of your original purchase, not including the original shipping charges.
Essential Collection Garments Ordered Through Our Website & Pop-up Markets:
For our Essential Collection garments purchased through our website or at one of our pop-up markets, we offer FREE returns, as long as you complete the return shipment within 30 days of the date your order was shipped. We will provide a full refund for the unworn items you wish to return, minus the original shipping charges, if you submit your return within 30 days of your order. You can expect to receive your reimbursement via email within 10 days of our receipt of your return, if the items have not been worn and are in good condition.
Please follow this link to submit your return and print a free return shipping label.
If it has been more than 30 days since your purchase, we will email you a code to use on our website for store credit equal to the amount of your original purchase, not including the original shipping charges. Please follow this link to print a free shipping label and return the item(s) to us. Within a week of us receiving your items, we will email you a store credit code.
Limited quantities of garments were produced during our first manufacturing run, and we continue to produce in small batches as we learn which styles and colors are our most popular. If we do not currently have your needed size/color garment in stock, it will be labeled as backordered. When an item is backordered, we encourage you to place your order so we know to produce your desired item in our next batch. You will receive an exact ship date via email so you know when to expect it.
If for some reason we decide to discontinue a color or style of a backordered item you ordered, your order will be refunded in full.
We believe in a circular economy! Lady Farmer clothing has been created to be compostable and return to the earth safely. If any clothing item has reached the end of its journey as a garment and you choose not to repurpose it, we will pay for return shipment and will make every effort to give it new life or return it to the earth-- as designed! Please contact us at email@example.com for instructions.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.